A27 Arundel Bypass Futher Consultation
The Arundel Bypass Further Consultation has now closed. You can read the Parish Council's response by clicking here.
National Highways has produced a set of documents which can be read by clicking here.
There are public events so you can talk directly to the National Highways staff. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of these!
|Monday 5th December
||11am to 7pm
||Fontwell Park Racecourse
|Saturday 10th December
||10am to 4pm
1. TRAFFIC MITIGATION
- National Highways’ stated aim is to keep traffic on the A27.
- The new design still has huge increases in traffic through the Parish which need mitigation.
Click to enlarge
- The maps provided by National Highways are very unclear. There is still a large amount of rat running resulting from the A27
2. TYE LANE BAT BRIDGE
- No evidence that this design is effective. What happens if it isn’t and the bat population starts to decline?
- No alternatives have been suggested.
- No long-term impact studies.
- Unknown which species are affected by the road and how.
3. AVISFORD PARK GOLF COURSE CLOSURE
- Discussions are ongoing between National Highways and Golf England.
- We can’t make an informed decision at this time so consultation is not yet appropriate.
- No meaningful alternatives are proposed.
- Closure of the Golf Course results in complete loss of an important amenity in the Parish.
4. CROSSBUSH BRIDGE CHANGES
- There is no data provided on which to base an opinion.
- No data to show that the interchange can cope with the expected coastal community traffic if there is no Ford Road junction.
- If the design for the route is already so out of date that it needs redesigning before construction even begins, what does this mean for the rest of the route?
We need you to respond to National Highways. Last time there was a regional record of 3,500 responses - let's beat it!
HOW TO OBJECT
Write or email National Highways:
FREEPOST A27 ARUNDEL (must be in capitals)
Tell them that you feel this design is unacceptable because
- It still causes large amounts of ‘rat running’ through Walberton and worsens it at Fontwell.
- There is no evidence the Bat Bridge will be effective.
- Closure of the golf course is not acceptable as it results in the loss of an important Parish amenity.
- There is no data to inform an opinion on the Crossbush design change.
- Consultation is inadequate because there is a lack of clear and easily understood data.
- The information is not accessible to many people.
- Many questions remain unanswered, such as cost and value for money.
- If you responded last time, then include those comments again.
ACT NOW ... DO IT NOW!