VACANCIES FOR PARISH COUNCILLORS
Walberton Parish Council has vacancies for co-opted Councillors.
Could this be you?
- Are you interested in serving your local community?
- Do you want to serve your community?
- Do you have time or expertise which could benefit your community?
- Do you want to make a difference to all those around you?
- Are you concerned about your local area?
- Do you want to represent the views of local people?
If you would like to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of your local Community, why not step forward and apply to fulfil this role.
Walberton Parish Council is looking for new Parish Councillors - specifically people who have local knowledge, history of the parish, and interest in the environment and is keen to work with the Team – if you are interested, would like more information or to an apply, please contact the Clerk, Andy Peppler on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the parish office 01243-554528.
- You are registered as a local government elector for the parish.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day of appointment.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of appointment has been in the parish.
- You have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of appointment.
WALBERTON PARISH COUNCIL
Speed limit reduction: The Street
Following West Sussex County Council's revised guidance on speed limits we are once more looking into a reduction on The Street to 20mph.
We are seeking views from residents - please email the Clerk to support the initiative.
If you would like to see a reduction on other roads in the Parish, such as West Walberton Lane, then please also email the Clerk.
The Parish of Walberton comprises three settlements - Walberton, Binsted and Fontwell - with around 895 dwellings and at the last count 1735 registered electors.
There are up to 9 Parish Councillors who between them share responsibilities for the Finance and Legal, General Purposes and Planning Committees as well as representing the Council on many other Committees from the Village Hall to District Council Committees.
The Parish Council welcomes members of the public to its meetings and encourages active participation during Public Questions.