Walberton Parish Council Resolution
The council recognises that a climate emergency exists and proposes to do whatever is in its power to make Walberton Parish carbon neutral. To facilitate this the Council will:
- Support the consideration of climate change in any planning in relation to the Neighbourhood Plan and all reasonable planning applications concerned with carbon emission reduction.
- Initiate and support a forum where Councillors, residents and businesses in the Parish can recommend changes for the Council and community to help this goal be achieved.
- Place “Climate Change” on the agenda of future council meetings so that all recommendations from the forum can be regularly considered and progress reviewed.
- Actively support Arun District Council and West Sussex County Council’s climate change strategy and work with neighbouring Parish and Town Councils and government departments where appropriate.
- Include Climate Change in the Council’s Mission Statement.